Welcome to Episode #073 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you’re building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells is there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a take down pin detent across his avacado green linoleum flooring and it skids under the cabinets.
Brownells Item of the Week: YHM-7300 9mm Upper Receiver Kit
Shop for AR-15 parts at Brownells. Go to: ar15podcast.com/parts
Amazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon
Announcements of the Week:
We are looking for volunteers able to do Video Editing for the AR-15 Podcast.
Everyone is an AR-15 newbie at some point. When we are getting started, there are a lot of questions to be answered. While seasoned AR-15 builders might tease a little, most are willing to share some knowledge to the AR-15 newbie. Do your due diligence and shoot as much as you can before you build and AR-15 for yourself. It can really save a lot of money on trial and error.
- Video Games
- Shooting Sports
- Friend Taught
- Instructor Taught
Sources of Info
- Podcasts (gasp!)
Glenn: Hey Reed Is this the standard running price these you are seeing these days? A few weeks ago the 2 I saw were $14-1600. I saw this one in person and think I can get it for right @ $1k after tax.
Jesse: I have listened to you guys for a long time and I have learned a lot but one thing I am confused about is the differences between the M4 and A2 upper. Have you guys discussed this in the past, if not can you please? What would make me want to choose one style over the other?
Another topic I would love to learn more about is barrel/gas block/forearm combinations? It appears you can’t just mix and match but I cannot find a good source of information on this topic either.
Keep up the great work!
Tom J: Hey guys
Working on my second built on the cheap, what is your opinion on an upper receiver without a forward assist? Is it really needed? Keep up the good work and thank you for the somewhat new host JW and the Newbie Anthony they make the podcast more enjoyable especially since I’m somewhat of a newbie to.
- Send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Follow G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Don’t forget to check out other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Subscribe and listen to the podcasts for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes knows to place the show higher in listener searches
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Amazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon